This heavenly recipe comes from a popular US. bakery store called Momofuku Milkbar. One would think that Delightme would never feature a recipe that is all about the gooey buttery and thick mass, but I also like to indulge from time to time.
The pie got so famous that the owner decided to share the recipe on their site instead of protecting their success secret. This smart step allowed everyone to try the pie at home and share it all around the world. However I am sure that the best version of the pie is just in the Milkbar.
Check out the fabulous crack pie ® recipe together with many of other innovative ways how to turn a humble US classics into something that makes your party unforgettable.
As usually, I have been playing around with the recipe and modified it to a Delightme version that allows you to consume more of the goodness without fear or cutting on taste. Pie can easily by stored frozen for an immediate use just when you need it!
CRACK PIE® RECIPE
Recipe makes 2 pies; each serves 8 to 10 persons
This recipe makes two pies (two pies are always better than one), but you can always keep the second pie frozen if need be!
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
2. Break oat cookie and crumble it into almost sand consistency, add brown sugar, and salt.
3. Add butter, and knead the butter and ground cookie mixture until moist enough to form into a ball. if it is not moist enough to do so, melt an additional 14 to 25 g (1 to 1½ tablespoons) butter and knead it in.
4. Divide the oat crust evenly between 2 pie tins. Press the oat cookie crust firmly into each pie tin, making sure the bottom and sides of the tin are covered. If you don’t want to use the pie shells, just wrap them in plastic and store at room temperature for up to 5 days or in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
5. Fill the shells with the filling and bake for 15 minutes. The pies should be golden brown on top but still very jiggly.
6. Open the oven door and reduce the oven temperature to 160 °C. Then bake the pies for 5 minutes longer or until most of the filling is set. The center can still slightly jiggle.
7. Cool down the pies so that they set nicely. If you are not consuming them right away, you can keep them in the fridge for 5 days or in the freezer for 1 month.
9. Serve your crack pie® cold on its own or warm with ice cream.